New Specialized Fat Loss Treatment
Imperial Dermatology is now offering a specialized weight loss program to help you achieve a healthy weight in Hollywood Florida! We will be combining compounded Semaglutide (or brand name medication called Ozempic/Wegovy if approved by/and available through your insurance) injections with our fantastic body contouring devices, the EvolveX and Evoke to help you achieve healthy weight loss along with skin tightening.
Double board-certified dermatologist Dr. Simona Bartos understands the importance of helping patients feel confident in their skin. Call our Hollywood, FL clinic to schedule a consultation and learn about our state-of-the-art weight loss program – a safe and effective way to reclaim your natural beauty.
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a modified version of a molecule our bodies already make, GLP-1 or Glucagon-Like-Peptide. It is compounded with the goal of increasing the production of insulin while decreasing the secretion of glucagon. In addition, Semaglutide can target areas in the brain that regulate our appetite and influence the amount of food we wish to intake.
How does Semaglutide work in the body?
- Lowers blood sugar by stimulating insulin production and reducing the production of sugar in the liver
- Slows intestinal motility- this delays how quickly our stomach digests food and helps you feel more full for a longer period of time
- The decrease in intestinal motility also leads to eating smaller meals because you feel satiated faster
What are the benefits of Semaglutide?
- Weight loss within the first 4 weeks of use
- Improved blood glucose control along with decreased cravings
- An overall weight loss of 5-10%
What side effects can I expect?
- Nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Aversion to certain foods
- If you or anyone in your family has been diagnosed with MEN (Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia) Type 2, or Medullary Thyroid Cancer, you should NOT take Semaglutide
If you have been struggling to lose weight, Semaglutide alongside our expert care at Imperial Dermatology can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Overseen by Dr. Simona Bartos, we will help you determine whether you are a candidate and support you as you work to achieve your goals!
Imperial Dermatology, located at 4700 Sheridan Street Ste l Hollywood, FL 33021, provides patients with personalized consultations and treatments that help them feel confident. Call 954-466-4700 now to schedule a consultation for with Dr. Simona Bartos.